Covenant is a growing, Jesus-centered Presbyterian Church in the western suburbs of Boise, ID. We are a vibrant church ministering to a demographically diverse congregation and community. God has been faithful to Covenant throughout its forty-year history, and we believe that God is calling us to the next level of ministry and to be the dynamic community center of West Boise as we reach out to experience, nurture, and share God’s #CovenantLove. We are searching for a Director of Music Ministry and Youth Experience to strengthen our current programs, while also identifying and developing new ministry opportunities and building and expanding our ministries. This leader will collaborate with other senior staff to set the vision, work with our pastor to advance a thriving congregation, and develop the people within our church to experience, nurture and share Jesus’ amazing grace. This role is heavily focused on program development and meaningful Christian discipleship.
Key areas of contribution:
- Track worship and ministry trends and lead meaningful worship / discipleship experiences
- Advance program goals and design collaborations, perform assessments, including program viability, youth outreach and music team development
- Develop and maintain programmatic budgets
- Design, suggest, and execute recommended and Jesus-focused ministry strategies
- Monitor industry developments, innovate strategy and value-add offerings
- Mentor, develop and lead cross functional teams maximizing contributions of each team member, for both music and youth ministries
- Recruit, develop and train volunteers achieving ministry growth
- Be active in delivering feedback and development planning to ensure that our talent is prepared to lead Covenant into the next stage of our growing ministry
Engage with our Pastor, staff and volunteers on a regular basis to:
- Discuss and develop ministry strategies
- Develop and evaluate volunteers’ talents to achieve targeted objectives through experiential learning and other educational opportunities
- Reach out to youth both in the congregation in the community to share Jesus’ love
- Develop a high functioning and effective volunteer team to drive the vital ministry of Covenant
- Engage with other effective community ministry leaders and help foster communication pathways; develop and manage relationships with church partners, influencers and key parties
- Continually develop Covenant’s ministries and build increased awareness in the community.
Leadership, quality and results are primary focus. Additional position requirements include:
Bachelor’s degree or higher, and previous experience leading music and/or youth ministries
Proven and demonstrated musical ability, including vocals, instrument (piano or guitar) and willingness to engage the diversity of excellent Christian music
- Proven knowledge and ability to lead an effective and growing youth program (grades 6-12)
- Strategic and innovative thinking, professional and relational communication, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Other tasks as assigned.
Hiring Range: $38,000 - $42,000, depending on experience.
Performance, a ministry-advancing mind-set, and potential are a perfect fit!
Send your resume to: